|Location||Wolverhampton, West Midlands County||Job Type||Contract|
|Salary||Circa £19,000||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
The D365 Support Analyst provides technical and administrative support for the full suite of D365 products across the organisation
You will be:
- Managing and monitoring user access on D365. Creating users, making changes and ensuring that leavers are removed.
- Providing system admin support alongside specialist D365 Support Analysts
- Monitoring error logs and reporting issues effectively
- Co-ordinating the logging and progression of D365 incidents and problems
- Providing administrative support at the delivery of key programme milestones to assist the transition from Programme into business as usual activity through the Hypercare process. To include logging, monitoring and reporting on incidents and user adoption.
- Coaching colleagues on using D365 processes
You will have:
- Experience of working in an IT support environment – ideally Service Desk
- Ideally Application support with an understanding of user hierarchy and roles/permissions
- Great customer service experience with the ability to explain IT technical issues to non technical colleagues
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Closing date for applications: 23rd August
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.