|Salary:||£30000 - £34000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-08-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 10:15|
Acting as an Ambassador, your role is to support the Logistics Management Centre (LMC) in the safe, efficient and cost effective delivery of inventory and logistics solutions to the business with your primary role being to respond to flooding situations and deploy flood protection equipment.
You will be based within a short commute of Battersea and be flexible in approach, in order to deliver a prompt response to both planned and reactive events.
This role will involve:
- Represent the LMC in a professional manner, ensuring you are always smart and on brand with your appearance and polite in your approach with customers and colleagues.
- Maintain a clean and compliant vehicle.
- Complete and record pre and post vehicle checks in line with legislative and Thames Water specific requirements.
- Record and manage vehicle defects through to repairs completed.
- Responsible for ensuring you are competent to use any vehicle prior to taking, using or operating it, through the completion of appropriate training.
- Responsible and accountable for the safe and secure loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Must drive and operate vehicles in line with relevant legislation and Thames Water specific policies and standards in order to maintain a safe, hygienic and legal working environment with consistent quality standards.
- Comply with transport legislation and company procedures.
- Adopt a safe and fuel efficient approach to driving, in order to minimise the risk to yourself and other road users, and to optimise vehicle running costs.
- Accountable for the safe and secure parking of vehicles in your charge.
- Deliver all duties across the Thames Water estate in line with agreed service levels.
- Undertake periodic driver assessments and relevant refresher training.
- Support the development of a best practice, multi-skilled team through the sharing of your own knowledge and skills across the team by means of ‘on the job’ training and buddying. This will also be used to support your own development.
- First responders to potential flooding caused by water mains or burst rising mains.
- Deployment of flood defence equipment.
- Surveys of high risk/impact flooding location within central London.
- High impact asset surveys in London.
- Work with rapid response NST team checking valves etc.
- Inspect high risk mains for potential risks including cranes/ heavy vehicles parked on assets.
- Photograph third party incidents as the first on scene person.
- Walk and review high risk water mains near underground structures.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Full valid UK driving licence, with no more than 6 penalty points and no DR or IN convictions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Transport Law and Road Traffic Act.
- Excellent driving skills and road safety knowledge.
- Commited and enthusiastic approach to delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work on your own and organise your workload, or as part of a team.
- The ability to read and complete paperwork accurately, including basic numeracy.
- Basic IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Reliable and flexible approach to work.
The Logistics Management Centre (LMC) is a centralised operation providing a single point of contact for Thames Water’s operational business 24/7/365.
The LMC has the capability to source plant and equipment from strategic suppliers, hire companies, our Alliance partners and our own assets, enabling the most cost effective and timely solution to meet our customer demands, thereby providing an end to end, single view of logistics demand and capacity.
Logistic Operations operates Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work to both the Waste and Clean areas. Operating on a 24/7/365 basis in order to provide an excellent service to support the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's