Domestic Manager (Cleaning)
|Job Title:||Domestic Manager (Cleaning)|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-05-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 13:44|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Domestic Manager to oversee the day to day management of domestic staff at our site in Greater London. You will focus on performance; ensuring the standards of cleanliness and behaviour whilst on duty is of the highest standard, ensuring compliance with Trust and Sodexo policies and procedures at all times.
You will communicate with staff, colleagues and service users on site, taking corrective action where appropriate, ensuring the standards of cleaning remain consistently high.
If you have proven Cleaning experience with strong leadership qualities, with the ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team – this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must due to the nature of the business. Normal working hours Monday – Friday, with additional hours as business dictatesMain responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and hygienic patient environment in line with the National Specifications for Cleanliness, Trust and Sodexo policies and procedures, KPIS and contractual obligations
- Lead and motivate a team of domestic cleaners and domestic supervisors and ensure they are working to clear objectives and to a clear strategy
- Manage a domestic service budget; identifying and implementing cost saving opportunities, including ensuring that the budget is positively managed and meets forecast expectations
- Control the deployment of labour and the consumption of materials and consumables
- Deliver a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active domestic service that meets the needs of our service users
- Maintain effective, meaningful, positive, & clear communication with ward managers, matrons and service users
- Develop relationships with core suppliers and Sodexo support functions to improve and develop service delivery
- Be courteous, helpful and efficient, ensuring high standards of customer care and demonstrating commitment to a positive patient experience
- Seek to raise standards, improve service quality and develop innovative service solutions, by close performance measurement of all people within your team
- Proven experience of leading a team within a comparable service environment
- Proven experience of managing to budget requirements within a Domestic service
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Experience of delivering relevant training, using company guidelines
- Financial awareness and understanding
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven IT skills, ability to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with a flexible approach to the role
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's