|Salary||£8.21 - £8.21||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
We currently have an opportunity for a Despatch Operator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
- To control basket and dollies washing and storage
- To assist in offloading vehicles where possible
- To keep the rear yard area clean and tidy at all times
- To monitor basket and dollie stock for picking activities
- To follow instructions and complete documentation as/where required
- To adhere to company hygiene and health and safety procedures.
- To be aware of the company’s quality management system and in particular, to follow any quality assurance work instructions that is applicable to this job
- To monitor and maintain temperature of finished product
- To carry out the final packing of the product
- To compile orders
- To enter finished product on to stock
- To follow instructions and complete documentation
- To carry out other duties dictated by the requirements of the business
- Carry out good temperature and hygiene control
- Cleanliness of associated areas, including relevant freezer areas
- Ensure that all packaging is correctly dated and labelled
- Placing of product into required picking format – cardboard outers/cages/baskets etc
- Communication and support within the department and liaison with the despatch supervisor and other departments
If Tow tug is a requirement:
- To move required products to and from designated points within the factory grounds
- To ensure movement of product is done within set procedure so as to ensure continuation of chill chain
- To follow instructions and complete any relevant documentation
- To ensure adequate turnaround of packaging equipment
- The ability to work in outside and cold conditions
- Ability to train to required standard to operate relevant machinery
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Well motivated
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.