|Salary||Up to £32,000 depending on experience||Sector||Engineering|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Supervisor to support the Senior Management team in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations within the hospital estate at Royal Stoke, establishing efficient and effective compliance review procedures.
In this role, you’ll be primarily responsible for the Decontamination services operational equipment - Electrical, Mechanical and Building Infrastructure.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must. Call Out Rota and AP Responsibilities requiredMain responsibilities
- Fully competent (AP Appointed) in the fault diagnosis, repair and testing of Medical devices to include and not limited to - Sterilizers, Washer Disinfectors, Endoscope re-processors and Drying cabinets (HTM 01-01, HTM 01-06 & BS EN 16442).
- Fully competent for Water Hygiene activities (RP/DRP) Appointed in line with HTM 04-01.
- Review of daily/weekly/quarterly/yearly validation test results in line with current guidance documentation and AE recommendations.
- Carry out Planned Maintenance of Medical Devices in line with Manufacturers recommendations
- Test equipment calibration and sources of error
- Interpretation of technical terminology used in the decontamination of medical equipment
- Supporting the Engineering Management team to ensure contractual response and rectification times are met. Producing required support documentation reports to meet contractual requirements
- Undertake Authorised Person and or Competent Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems
- Contributing to the commercial management of the operational element of the contract, including management of the Performance Monitoring systems and to ensure Contract and Commercial Compliance
- Provide technical and professional support to all staff, colleagues, Engineering Supervisors and to Trust officers in order to develop a “team” approach
- Completion of C+G/Btec or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, recognised electrical apprenticeship, time served
- Qualified to 17th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Proven substantial experience within electrical trade
- Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
- Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
- Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations
- Reporting writing skills
- Must be computer literate preferably with knowledge of building management systems
- Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with good level of mathematical skills
- Experience in Electrical Engineering maintenance
- Previous experience within a Health Service context
- Demonstrating maturity in working with multi-discipline trade groups
- Any specialist knowledge relevant to the health care environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.