Data Analyst Graduate
|Job Title:||Data Analyst Graduate|
|Start Date:||2019-05-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jeanne Woodford|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 10:00|
The IT Team are looking for two graduates who can support the team in their objective to provide knowledge, expertise and support to the product data team and supply chain by way of analysis of our data, working out and articulating where we have issues, building repeatable reporting models to surface issues and measuring improvements. Developing strong relationships across Speedy will be essential in order to build internal relationships with key stakeholders where you will become the point of contact within IT for their reporting and analytical requirements, along with a selection of product data analysts and knowledgeable product people.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays rising to 26 after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
As well as completing your day-to-day role within the Business Applications Team you will also be required to complete the two year Speedy Graduate Development Programme.Ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind-set. We are looking for an innovator and trailblazer with commercial acumen and an ability to come up with new ideas and ways of working to benefit the team. You will be an effective communicator with the capability to challenge the status quo and respond quickly and positively to change. Being a team player is essential and you should be able to positively influence people, have an ability to learn new systems and processes quickly, produce high quality work and be able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines. You should be highly motivated to succeed in a fast paced and changing environment along with possessing the following essential skills:
- An IT related degree, classification 2:2 or above
- Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of data requirements and the data life cycle
- Understanding of data profiling
- Great attention to detail
- Time management skills
- A high level of general IT skills (such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- The following skills would be desirable:
- An understanding of database design
- A knowledge of the construction industry
What is the Speedy Graduate Development Programme?
Our graduate development programme runs alongside the role you successfully apply for. The programme enables successful applicants to develop the skills required to progress their career within Speedy and become a fully competent and professional member of the business. The programme consists of:
- On the job training within your department
- The option to complete a relevant professional qualification
- Completion of Business Experience Modules to understand and learn about all areas of the Speedy business and how they contribute to our success
- Access to Speedy’s internal learning and development courses
- The chance to complete an Exec Board project
- First Time Manager Training
- The provision of an experienced professional mentor from within the Speedy business
- A dedicated graduate manager
If we sound right for you then please apply now.
If you would like to discuss the graduate opportunity detailed above, please feel free to contact Gillian Roberts, Careers Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01942 327853.About the company
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's