|Salary||We are offering a salary between £30,442.00 â€“ 40,250.00 depending on relevant skills and expertise.||Sector||Miscellaneous|
We’re looking for data analysts to join us who can support the team as we put into action new tools, technologies and techniques to meet Thames Water’s current and future challenges.
The successful data analyst will support the delivery of insight and data analysis within the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company.
For the right person this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career, test your skills, support colleagues, and apply your knowledge of data to solve practical problems. Your skills will be critical to help to drive improvements across the business and inform business decisions.
Typical tasks in this role include building logic, development of reporting, finding efficiencies, providing analysis and insight, and working with tools such as SQL, PowerBI, and Python.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Working with large data sets drawn from a wide variety of internal and external sources; including environmental data, survey feedback and operational data
- Design and interrogation of databases; carrying out data transformations and liaising with the business to improve our ways of working
- Supporting the business and working with stakeholders closely to design, build, and maintain a range of reports
- Becoming a key point of contact, collaborating with colleagues, and engaging with stakeholders to further our objectives. You will influence and inform colleagues and senior leadership on operational decisions
- Maintaining data quality and ensure data is secure and properly utilised in line with the GDPR
- A self-motivated logical individual with an analytical “can-do” mind-set.
- Experience and knowledge of working with databases, data analysis, and reporting
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly
- Knowledge and experience of Python and/or SQL is advantageous
- Knowledge of the following software is beneficial: R, Business Objects, Microsoft Office Applications including Power BI
- A degree or equivalent within an analytical field is an advantage (e.g. Science, Maths, Geographical disciplines)
- Someone who has experience of applying their skills within a business environment or the confidence to manage stakeholders would be considered favourably
We offer a competitive salary of between £30,442.00 and £40,250.00 dependent on experience (with an annual review), along with an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service. Additionally, our Team are happy to support with flexible working arrangements. For a full list of Rewards and benefits follow this link - Rewards and Benefits.
We’re also proud to be at the service of our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave per year, as well as supporting numerous events and charities.
This is a team where development is encouraged and where knowledge of a range of disciplines is beneficial. We work with wide areas of the business to further our goals meaning that every day is different and adaptability and outstanding interpersonal skills are key.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
For more information please visit our website.