|Location||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
To ensure quality best practices are utilised in the design, development, validation and continuous improvement of products and associated manufacturing processes to deliver customer quality expectations. Lead quality improvement porcesses driven by internal and external quality metrics. Facilitate and conduct formal Risk Analysis using standard quality engineering tools (FMEA, C&E, HOQ, etc.). This individual will have primary responsibility to ensure desired design and product performance levels are met in compliance with all applicable quality regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
* Support activities to continuously improve product reliability, manufacturability
* Preparation and support of customer audits
* Reviewing customer complaints, returns analysis, FTY, etc and working with design and production engineering to improve product performance and reliability, update Design FMEA's, Process FMEA's and Control Plans. Including the collation of warranty investigation/8D reports
* Support communications with customer to update quality issue resolution and process improvement updates
* Timely resolution of quality issues through containment, robust and effective root cause analysis and implementation of permanent and preventative corrective actions
* Run the daily MRB process to manage incoming customer returns for both clean and systems in line with customer SLA
* Track warranty investigation process to ensure RCA and 8D close out
* Update the KPI's for quality on a monthly basis
* Maintain the Quality Alerts/PQT and PDI process.
* Manage customer complaint process to meet customer SLA for root cause analysis and resolution
* Manage first line communications with customer / sales company to ensure timely updates on issue status and resolution
* Review customer quality performance and prioritise and manage improvement activities
* Manage 8D programme tracking
* Lead customer complaint investigations through containment and root cause analysis
* Support maintenance of QMS
* Identify required best practice quality processes and support deployment throughout business in support of a zero defect culture
* Degree qualified in Engineering: production engineering, chemical engineering, manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical or electronic engineering.
* 5-10 years in a Quality Engineering role with a demonstrable track record within a precision engineering / electro-mechanical environment (eg Automotive, Aerospace, Medical).
* Experience in the effective use of problem resolution processes such as A3 or 8D and Root Cuase Analysis tools e.g. 5 why analysis, Cause & Effect, Design of experiments, etc.
* Proven Experience and demonstrateable success in Continuous Improvement best practices Lean & Six Sigma, etc.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in Quality Planning and Quality Improvement, i.e. Creation, development and maintenance of Process FMEA's, Control Plans, Process Capability Studies, Gauge R & R/MSA, SPC, PPAP, ISIR, etc.
* Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
* Working knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management system.
* Working knowledge and experience of Product Life Cycle Management /New Product Introduction, processes.
* Customer focused.
* Well developed organisational, influencing, negotiating and leadership skills.
* Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation.
* Strong Team player.
* Hands-on person with positive "can do" attitude.
* Problem solving - persistence to get to root cause.
* Meeting deadlines and multi-tasking.
* Interpreting technical drawings.
* Thinking: conceptual, strategic, innovative, analytical.
* Self-managing: self-starter. Flexible, tenacious, with strong sense of urgency.
For further information, please apply online, or contact Alex Verdon on 01793 317847
Omega Resource Group are acting as the Employment Agent for this position. Please visit our website for more vacancies. www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.