Counter/ Food Service Assistant
|Job Title:||Counter/ Food Service Assistant|
|Salary:||£9.10 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-03-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Alison Scott|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 09:52|
To provide excellent customer service from food service counters in a busy prestigious site. Good presentation, service and people skills are a prerequisite to meet the needs of our clients and customersPackage description
- Rate of pay for 25 years and over is £9.10
- Working Monday to Thursday from 16.30 - 20.30 with the opportunity to work one Sunday a month, as per staff rota from 08.00 - 12.00. The rate of pay for this shift is £10.30 per hour
- Duties include: setting up food counters for a busy meal service, serving on counters and tills during service, pot wash and plate wash duties, hygiene and cleaning duties
- We require all our staff to have great customer service skills so that we can continue to provide this level of service to our Clients and customers, so applicants will need to have good verbal communication skills
- In addition, we require our staff to be versatile and flexible
- We operate Demand Led Scheduling that will be discussed in detail at interview
- Comply with all Company & client policies, procedures and statutory regulations including site rules, Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Assist with all aspects of preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Serve food; provide advice and guidance to customers and guests on menu choices and promote food offers.
- Replenishment of all food and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with and abide by cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Ensure that all catering equipment within the kitchen is in safe working order. Report any faults to management/client immediately
- To assist with the setup, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- Ensure that temperatures of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards/serveries are monitored and recorded in line with company regulations and the Food Safety Act
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the Company's standards and ensure all food is served at the correct temperatures
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in, first out’ and comply with health & safety regulations
- Ensure that the Company's administration, documentation and procedures are carried out to the Sodexo way compliance standards
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and service areas at all times.
- Ensure the kitchen is left clean and tidy at all times, assist with routine cleaning schedules at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company’s and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Resolve on-the-job problems or to ask for advice form senior members of the team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Good communication skills
- Experience in working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health and safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic certification in general hygiene
- Experience in working in an environment where compliance to standard is key
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's