Corporate Debt & Accounts Payable Manager
|Job Title:||Corporate Debt & Accounts Payable Manager|
|Salary:||£17.56 - £21.57 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lena Patel|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 12:50|
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an experienced and self-motivated Corporate Debt & Accounts Payable Manager to join our expanding team on a temp basis.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us for a 6 months assignment.
In return we pay a competitive rate of £17.56 - £21.57 per hour (DOE), other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Your hours are work will be Mon - Fri - 8:45am - 5:00pm
The successful post holder will be responsible to develop and manage an efficient and effective billing, income collection, debt recovery and enforcement service for the Council.
Additionally the post holder is also responsible for the Corporate Accounts Payable function and will need to manage the payment of invoices to Council creditors.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- A comprehensive understanding of legislation and statutory requirements in relation to the income and debt recovery and legal processes for Sundry Debt, Housing Benefit overpayments and Adults Finance.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively ensuring targets and deadlines are achieved.
- Good IT knowledge including Microsoft packages such as excel and access and working knowledge of crystal reports or first query view.
- Strong background of managing a debt recovery team within a large organisation.
- Experience of using debt recovery, accounting and financial systems and other related software.
Duties will include:
- To ensure compliance with your responsibilities as laid out in the council's equal opportunity policy.
- Ensure that all invoices, journals, credit notes, refunds and write-offs are processed and reconciled in a timely manner, identifying and referring appropriate cases for quarterly write-off authorisation by the designated officers.
- Ensure the Corporate Collections & HB O/P team keep up to date with debt recovery legislation, standards, service policies, procedures, developments and initiatives in order to accurately carry out duties, and are provided with training when required.
- Ensure that customer database records are consistently updated on the billing system.
- Engage professional agencies to collect debts and trace absconded debtors. Provide expert advice on collection of debts.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's