Contract Escort Officer
|Job Title:||Contract Escort Officer|
|Start Date:||2019-08-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||August 21, 2019 13:25|
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for 2 Contract Escort Officers on 6 months fixed term contracts to be the first point of contact for assigned contractors and ensure all statutory management systems are in place prior to any work commencing
HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
Excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday)
40 hours a week - 6 months fixed term contract.
Salary £16,700 pro-ratedMain responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for assigned contractors and ensure all statutory management systems are in place prior to any work commencing
- Deliver the contractor induction session
- Manage the safety the area work is being undertaken within.
- Raise, manage and close Electronic Permits
- Ensure the contractors follow the agreed and approved safe systems of work and method statements in line with their Permit to Work.
- Escort and manage the contractors vehicles, tools and ensure correct PPE is worn at all times
- Ensure a thorough handover is given once the work has been completed and all relevant paperwork is completed
- Report any problems or concerns, potential breaches of security or health and safety hazards to the duty manager immediately
- Undertake duties as required which contribute to the effective operation of the prison
- Good organisational skills
- Microsoft Office competent
- Good understanding of Health of Safety in the workplace
- Experience of working within a secure environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's