Assistant Hospitality Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Hospitality Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28660 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Carr-Dear|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 12:01|
Job title: Assistant Hospitality Operations Manager – Multi Site
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time (As Soon as Possible)
Salary: Salary of £24,771 to £28,660
Hours: 36hr Contract
Shifts: 5 days a week, No evenings and Mainly Weekdays (weekend shifts possible, but very rare)
• Training provided
• Continuous opportunities for personal development
• Annual Salary Increase
• Paid overtime/Time in Lieu
• Excellent location
• On-site parking (£150pa Approx.)
• 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Paid time off at Easter (approx. 1 week)
• Paid time off at Christmas (approx. 10-14 days
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Southampton for an experienced Assistant Operations Manager to join an established team and make their own mark! The role is very varied and involves overseeing several units of catering. There is a great support network both above and below this position. The successful candidate will predominantly work Monday to Friday during day-time hours although some flexibility is required. Plenty of holiday is also offered as the site is closed over Christmas and Easter and a further 5 weeks of holiday is given.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the proactive management of the on-site catering units ensuring that each area is equipped to cover business needs to include training and people development.
- The day-to-day managerial support to Catering Supervisors to ensure the delivery of an excellent high quality service across the various outlets, incl. two catered halls of residence, and four retail outlets
- Assist with the coordination and, where necessary, supervision of off-site hospitality events.
- Implement and maintain the statutory standards of food hygiene and health and safety.
- Drive sales and marketing opportunities for financial growth.
- Any other duties as allocated by the Catering Services Manager following consultation with the post holder.
- Experience in retail management, food service, hospitality, systems thinking, H&S, food and people development.
- Ability to plan and execute a number of activities simultaneously
- Forward thinking and ‘can do’ approach to solution finding.
- The ability to lead and motivate teams effectively.
- To maintain a positive outlook and flexibility to embrace new ideas and concepts working forwards
- To ensure staff are clear about changing work priorities and service expectations,
- Using the experience of your craft background and passion lead by example by being hands-on when required.
- Able to positively influence the way a team works together.
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally at all levels.
- Able to elicit information to identify specific customer needs.
- Able to offer proactive advice and guidance.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Computer literate.
- Be self-motivated, positive and be able to work under pressure.
- Holder of a full driving licence (preferable)
- Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) trained or willing to be trained to become personal licence holder.
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, weekends, open days and Graduation.
Act Now: Press the Apply Button!!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Operations Manager
Bury St Edmunds
Up to £22,000 + Benefits
Hospitality and Hotel Services Manager (MOD Mess)
£24000 - £24000
£8.50 - £9.00 per hour, Benefits: Holiday Pay
£8.50 - £10 per hour