Conference & Events Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Conference & Events Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: Company Incentives & Discounts|
|Contact Name:||James Carr-Dear|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 12:11|
Location: Winchester (outlying areas)
Contract type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Hours: 40+ Hours
Shifts: 5 days a week. Must be able to work evenings/weekends. Mix of shift lengths/start times.
- Discounts at high street retailers
- Opportunity to take part in community and charity events
- Career opportunities, world class training and access to funding for courses
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your friends and family.
- Regular incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free meals on duty
- Health-care and insurance plans
- Pension Contributions.
- To be a part of a culture of transformation and innovation.
We are looking for a hardworking, driven and passionate individual to join the team over at one of the area’s most beautiful venues.
As Conference and Events Operations Manager, you will be at the centre of an exciting venture, with over 40 weddings already booked in for this year, and business conference events being held regularly! There will never be a dull moment at this venue, that’s for sure!
The venue is around 10 miles from Central Winchester, with easy access from the A34 and A303. Unfortunately, due to the rural location of this site, this role would be unsuitable for anyone who doesn’t drive
As part of this role as Conference and Banqueting manager you will be working with a highly professional team of 8 people, leading all conferences, weddings and events for the hotel. You will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department and maintain a professional approach at all times, in order to provide the highest standards of service to the customer.
- A great personality and be genuine, approachable, attentive and instinctive
- Passion to deliver great events tailored to the individual needs of our customer and enjoys the buzz of being busy
- A proven track record in a similar role within hotels or conference centres
- Strong training and development skills so you can grow your team
- The desire to be industry leading
- An understanding of budgets, driving additional sales and controlling costs
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate the individuals within your team to support them in achievement of their personal development goals
We promise to reply to all applications within 10 working days of application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's