|Job Title:||Complaint Associate|
|Salary:||£20000 - £24000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2019 13:40|
As a complaint associate, you’ll be the first point of contact for written complaints and enquiries – which you will resolve for the customer within given timescales. You’ll be an effective communicator, keeping the retailer informed throughout the process.
You will manage the resolution of the case through skilled negotiation with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the business, becoming the retailer’s champion when faced with barriers or challenges. You’ll take ownership and responsibility of issues until you’ve been able to answer all the points raised by the retailer. In addition, you’ll keep clear notes on the case, detailing the investigations and actions you’ve taken along the way.
Once the case is resolved, you’ll contact the retailer via email to advise them of the outcome, or where the customer is not available, write a full and detailed response. You’ll be targeted on the quality and thoroughness of your response to the customer, on its effectiveness to stop repeat complaints from them on the same issue, and whether the case was managed to timeframe.
As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Be responsible for the investigation and resolution of written customer correspondence.
- Manage a challenging caseload.
- Be the main point of contact for customers within your caseload – keeping them fully updated at all times.
- Ensure that all customers are contacted in a timely manner, and that all written communication adheres to branding and regulatory guidelines.
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the business.
- Negotiate / escalate unresolved issues and complaints with the relevant areas of the business to ensure resolution for your customer within regulated timescales.
- Ensure all Thames Water policies and procedures relating to customer complaints are followed – but, also to think outside of these where necessary to get a solution suitable to the customer and the company
- Use the Here for Customers principles communication.
- Control the customer journey, making it a positive one, and being accountable at all points.
- Have awareness of financial implications linked to customer outcomes.
- Balance customer satisfaction with cost to the business.
- Build a network of strong and respected relationships across the business – many of whom may be senior members of staff.
- Liaise with external partners to resolve ongoing issues.
- Have the confidence and ability to make decisions using large volumes of technical / complex information.
- Take full ownership of customer issues from start to finish – and help resolve them within strict SLA’s requiring resilience and focus to drive resolution.
- Excellent customer service – with outstanding communication skills
- The ability to write an effective letter in line with Thames brand
- Strong negotiation skills – to gain a successful outcome when dealing with other areas of the business, and with the customer themselves
- Strong problem-solving skills – including taking ownership and accountability
- Good understanding of Commercial awareness
- Confidence to maintain good relationships with Stakeholders
- The ability to make correct decision for query resolution
- The resilience to work well under pressure in a target-driven environment
- IT literate – with the ability to pick up new software quickly
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing demands
The UK water industry is rapidly evolving - all business customers now have a choice of their water and wastewater retailer.
In this role, you’ll be the customer’s ambassador – their voice within the company. You’ll have the opportunity to build a relationship with them, providing a single point of contact for them until the resolution of their complaint. Initially you may speak to your customer to gain more insight into the issue, and then you’ll keep them updated and informed throughout the process.
You’ll manage and own your own caseload, arranging and organising activities, keeping track of ongoing work.
Our competitive salary and package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's