|Job Title:||Commis Chef|
|Salary:||£19000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Darius Habibi|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 21:02|
Location: Thorpe, Surrey
Pay Rate: £19,000 p/a
Contract Term: Permanent (immediate start)
Working Days: Thursday – Sunday and some additional function days
Working Times: 12pm – 9.30pm (up to 45 hours a week in peak season)
- Free meals provided, 3 times a day (lunch, snacks, dinner)
- Free parking for staff
- Beautiful location
- Independent gastropub
This wonderful independent pub, nestled in the heart of Thorpe village, in Surrey is looking for a Commis Chef to join their team of 2 Sous Chefs and 1 other Commis Chef, working under a General Manager in their kitchen to create seasonal meals, traditional Sunday lunches and a wide-range of classic favourites to both the local community and tourists visiting Thorpe Park, Virginia Waters and the surrounding lakes.
The owners of this pub are a husband and wife team who provide a welcoming and warm atmosphere for their guests, as well as a great child-friendly environment. You will be providing lunch and evening meals using locally sourced ingredients with mains being available throughout the day.
The pub is located 6 minutes’ drive from Egham train station (2 miles), Virginia Water train station (2.4 miles) and 12 minutes from Staines train station (3.7 miles). There are no bus routes to this pub, so you must be able to drive or cycle to this location.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their cookery and menu planning skills working with seasonal and local produce for a popular gastro pub.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the menu creation
- Work alongside another Commis Chef and report directly to the Sous Chef
- Work under pressure by helping to prepare and cook for the service
- Maintain all hygiene and safety standards with particular emphasis on health and hygiene
- Help with daily deliveries and stocking / restocking
- Experience working in a fresh food environment at Commis Chef level
- Ability to take orders and process them efficiently
- A friendly person with good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Enthusiastic about developing skills and knowledge
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's