CNC Setter / Operator
|Job Title:||CNC Setter / Operator|
|Salary:||£28500 - £30000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Steve Newey|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 14:39|
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced CNC Setter / Operator (lathes) to join an established Multinational Engineering Company working in their factory close to Birmingham city centre. Working within a Lean production environment you will be exposed to a variety of processes, technology and machinery working in a fast paced environment. You will ideally be apprenticeship trained and have the relevant Engineering qualifications.
The key duties and Responsibilities will be as follows:-
• Setting and Operating various Lathe (Doosan) machines;
• Machining components in different (usually small) batch quantities;
• Ability to perform machine set-up's, machine operations and program edits;
• Multi-machine manning;
• Use of measuring equipment to produce quality accurate parts;
• Use best practice in machinery operations;
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
Our Client are looking for the following expertise from potential candidates:-
• Experience of working in a precision engineering environment;
• Experience of setting and operating CNC machinery with FANUC controls;
• Relevant Engineering qualification such as a recognised apprenticeship;
• Experience of Small Batch Work and 1-5 offs is desirable;
• Ability to edit programmes (no requirement to program);
• Read & understand Engineers drawings;
• Experience of tight tolerances;
• Experience of working with Lean manufacturing.
There is an excellent opportunity for progression and self-development within the group.
You will be working Double Days over a 37.5 hour week. The morning shift is (Mon-Thurs 5:45am – 1:30pm & Fri 5:45am-12:00pm) and the afternoon shift is (Mon-Thurs 1:15pm-9:00pm & Fri 11:45am – 6:00pm) with a 16.6% shift allowance applicable to the afternoon shift. The remuneration package will include a starting salary from £28,500 up to £30,000 (pre shift allowance) together with a company pension scheme and other benefits.
Please click apply to submit your details or send your CV directly to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's