|Job Title:||Cleaning Manager|
|Salary:||€35000 - €40000|
|Start Date:||2019-04-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Magita Lauder|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 20:49|
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Sodexo are recruiting for a Cleaning Manager to be responsible for managing the delivery of cleaning services at our blue chip client site. The cleaning manager will ensure outstanding service delivery at all times and exceed all Sodexo targets whilst maintaining compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in cleaning management, great leadership skills and a great financial acumen as well as remarkable communication skills on all levels.
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
- Ensure the standards across the site(s) are in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract.
- Ensure that the cleaning team members are fully trained to carry out required duties and that this training is recorded on their training record card.
- Monitor hours worked for all team members, completing wage variations and absence monitoring forms on a weekly basis. Plan and co-ordinate staff rotas and manage “self-covered” sickness & holiday cover where possible.
- Recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, legislation and the Investors in People standards. (Staff appraisals to be conducted at least annually). Maintain training records for all staff, ensuring that individual needs are recognised and met either through on or off job training.
- Ensure that all Sodexo employees project a positive, approachable, friendly and professional image.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate with the day to day client at every opportunity - holding at least a weekly review meeting.
- Oversee the organisation of equipment and chemicals. Ordering from nominated suppliers.
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager
- Observe and enforce client and Sodexo policies , procedures and site rules at all times
- Ensure that safe systems of work and safety polices are implemented and adhered to at all times and kept up to date.
- Ensure that all equipment, monies and the overall establishment areas within your control are safe and secure at all times.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Deal with any complaints/comments, ensuring that they are logged as appropriate
- Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract, the financial budget and working principles.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Proven experience in working in a cleaning team
- Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning services
- Good understanding of budget management
- Experience in managing a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- City & Guilds 764 Cleaning Science
- HND accommodation studies
- NVQ Level 2
- BICS part 1 and or part 2
- BICSc Trainer and or assessor
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's