Cleaner (Part Time)
|Job Title:||Cleaner (Part Time)|
|Salary:||£6,655.96 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 13:22|
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for 4 Cleaners (part time).
As a Cleaner, you will deliver a full cleaning/housekeeping service within all healthcare areas, dispensaries, staff rest rooms, and Pharmacy’s.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
Benefits including 28 days holiday pro-rated (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, childcare voucher scheme, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
4 part time positions - 15 hours per week and the hours will be 17:00 - 20:00 (5 days a week)Main responsibilities
- Empty and dispose of domestic and clinical waste in accordance with the companies Infection Control and Waste Disposal Policies.
- Carry out high and low level dusting of walls, ledges, perimeter fittings, paintwork.
- Clean all sanitary fittings and fixtures.
- Supply and replenish consumables i.e. paper towels, toilet rolls, soap etc.
- Clean and maintain floor areas/surfaces using the appropriate equipment.
- Clean and maintain Cleaning Store and equipment.
- Use all PPE as required.
- Use and care of approved cleaning materials and equipment at all times in accordance with the operator instructions.
- Maintain appropriate levels of chemicals and equipment in area of work.
- Undertake all cleaning duties in a safe manner using Hazard signs as appropriate.
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are used and stored safely in compliance with COSHH regulation
- Clean sinks/Taps, fixtures & fittings to ensure lime scale is removed.
- Clean medical couches and medical equipment in designated rooms.
- Respond to spills and cleaning requests as required.
- Report any mechanical defects, pest sightings or building/environment faults to your manager
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team when necessary.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Experience of domestic duties.
- Willingness to work within a custodial environment
- Relevant experience in a similar setting
- Cleaning qualifications or certificates.
- Domestic experience.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.