|Job Title:||Claims Handler|
|Salary:||£18000 - £28000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-06-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 14:57|
An extremely successful international law firm, are looking for a Claims Handler to join their team in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes.
You will be working Monday - Friday full time hours 09.30 - 5.30 pm & receive a salary circa £18,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending on experience) + amazing benefits.
The client offer amazing company benefits; stylish offices, life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), mortgage advice, private medical insurance, ride2work, gym flex and holiday flex amongst others!
An opportunity to join a growing team that handles claims made against professionals on an outsourced basis.
The team handles claims on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre-litigated matters from first notification of loss to resolution. This includes running a caseload which requires you to review and investigate cover, assist insured professionals respond to claims and report to insurers where necessary.
Working with Head of Claims and other team members, you'll be responsible for a technical and efficient delivery of service. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future.
- Review insurance policy terms, identify, investigate and report potential issues to insurers
- Respond appropriately to complaints and claims, investigating externally where appropriate and consider at early stage the merits and value of claims
- Negotiate settlement of claims within the delegated authority. Working efficiently, commercially and equitably in line with delegated authority
- Understand the internal SLA's and KPI's of the team and ensure adherence to these standards
- Understand insurer requirements and comply with insurer SLA's and KPI's
- Responsible for the proactive management of a caseload to avoid unnecessary litigation and ensure effective resolution
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the completeness, accuracy, quality and integrity of data on the electronic case management system for their caseload
- Supporting monthly and ad hoc reporting to Insurer clients
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, contributing to being a market leading claims function
- Ensure a consistent approach to client claims and implementing Insurers' reserving policies so that claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled.
- Identify trends and escalate risk information to the Head of Claims and insurers where appropriate. Ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved and procedures followed
Ideally you will have a Law degree, or working towards ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualification, alternatively significant experience in claims with technical knowledge and expertise.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service, strong decision making skills, ability to plan and organise and a customer focussed and target driven approach.
Comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative and legal framework, hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated. Competent skills in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Previous experience of using a case management system is highly desirable.
So, hopefully the above has ticked all of your boxes, in which case, please click on apply or send your CV to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's