|Location||Yeovil, Somerset||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £11.50 per hour + Straight Shifts + No Late Night||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Chef - Sherborne - Education Unit - £11.50 Per Hour + Overtime
A Chef is required for our education site in Sherborne. The successful candidate will be required to prepare, produce and serve inspirational, fresh, home-cooked meals as directed at the times required and to the pre-determined standards and controls. To show leadership in the kitchen by producing high quality food and by supporting departmental standards and objectives.
Chef - Sherborne - Responsibilities:
Duties / Responsibilities
* To perform all duties as directed by the Head Chef and Bursar and to support departmental policies and objectives.
* To prepare and cook the daily menu to the standards laid down by the Management. To show culinary flair and creativity in producing the daily menu items and for in house and external catering events in the school. Be confident in organizing and executing catering events as they arise over the school year - to a high (hotel) standard.
* To ensure sufficient food is available at all times during all services and supervise Catering team to ensure the dining room is clean, tidy and ready for meal services.
* To maintain the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and all areas within the Catering Department. Allocate duties to Kitchen Porters and Catering Assistants as needed.
* To comply with all HACCAP and critical control procedures and Food Safety legislation.
* To assist with the control, receipt, storage of food items and dry goods.
* To maintain and handle knives and dangerous machinery as specified and trained. Carry out any Risk Assessments as necessary.
* To assist with stock rotation, control and stock taking.
* To carry out any other reasonable task as delegated by the Catering Manager or Head Chef. No job description can fully cover all aspects of a role and consequently responsibilities are likely to evolve and change over time.
Chef - Sherborne - Requirements:
* Ability to work well on own and as part of a team.
* Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure.
* Ability to prioritize and manage own work.
* Hardworking, flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic and passionate about food.
* Solid background in Catering with a number of years progressive experience including residential college situations and private catering or hotel level food service.
The hours will average 39 hours per week between the hours of 6.00am and 8.00pm, 5 days a week in accordance with the duty shift rota.