|Location||Derby, Derbyshire||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||Up to £13.00 per hour||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Chef Manager - day shifts only contract catering
Job title: Temporary to permanent Chef Manager
Location: Derby DE24
Contract type: Temporary to permanent 37.5 hrs per week - day shifts only - 5 days out of 7
Hourly rate/Salary: £13p/h
Imagine a chef job where you work days only, from 9am till 5pm. Where you have the opportunity to work for an amazing company and defiantly room for progression. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well it's not as we are offering you just that on a temporary to permanent basis.
You will have the opportunity to work as a Chef Manager within a contract catering environment close to Pride Park in Derby you will be working with fresh food on a daily basis. You will have a team of supervisors and food services assistants, along with a team of chefs, you will liaise with daily. If you are looking for your next job, this role is perfect for anyone looking for a better work life balance who has other commitments.
With a very friendly and helpful team who support you throughout your training. Assisting you with career progression and supporting you with each and every shift.
* Chance to earn temporary to permanent contract
* Immediate start
* You only work day shifts - including weekends but on a rota.
* You will have great working patterns
* You will work within a great restaurant and team
Key responsibilities include:
* You will be cooking from small to large numbers on daily basis
* Working within a team of chef's
* Offering support to aspiring chefs within the kitchen
* work with the team on site to deliver a comprehensive food offering to the customers
* Plan and deliver weekly menus and communicate this through a blackboard. To ensure allergens are recorded
* Work on the front counter serving customers, using the till and the barista coffee machine.
* Ensure HACCP paperwork is completed
* Review cleaning record sheets and adjust where necessary
* Cash up tills and put floats out in the morning and carry out basic back office work including weekly paperwork
* Ordering from suppliers
* Work with the team to improve customer service and offer
* Daily on site production of sandwich's salad pots
* Organise the filling of vending machines and counters.
* Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
* To maintain wastage
* Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
These responsibilities as a chef will ensure that you provide a fantastic service and contribute towards the business and the service. You will make a difference each and every day by doing what you do best and offering a great standard of food and service to the guests.
* You will have extraordinary attention to detail
* You will enjoy working with different people
* You will be able to work under pressure
* You will working day shifts and look for a role to suit commitments and needs
* You will be qualified within professional cookery to City & Guilds 706/1, 706/2 or equivalent
* You will have at least 2 years background working as a chef
* You will be at a Head Chef/ Chef Manager/ Catering Manager level
* You will have your own chef whites and knives
* You will be part of a fantastic team who offer ongoing support
* You will earn a great salary with chance of gaining permanent work
* Enrolled in a company pension scheme
* Fantastic location
* On site car park
* Being able to drive and have your own transport is preferred however the position is located in Pride Park derby a fantastic location.
Recruitment checks for this role:
* Proof of right to work in the UK and National Insurance details required
* Food hygiene at level 2 or above dated within the last 3 years.
This role has an immediate start so if you're looking for your next role the click apply today, or call us at our office and ask for Nikita.