Chef Manager (Catering, Vending, Hospitality)
|Job Title:||Chef Manager (Catering, Vending, Hospitality)|
|Start Date:||2019-07-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2019 09:49|
We are currently looking to recruit a Chef Manager, to plan, produce, organise and manage delivery of all catering, vending and hospitality services across two sites in Bristol.
This is an excellent opportunity that would suit experienced Chef Managers with excellent communication and cookery skills and who enjoy investing time in enhancing customer experience and meeting the needs of our growing business.
Competitive salary of £28,000 plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare and also included is a company car
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
- Lead the operation to deliver efficient and quality catering, vending and hospitality services
- Maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- Manage and develop the catering team to ensure that we deliver the best service to our customers
- Manage the catering team to ensure
- Understand all wastage data and contribute to the reduction against company and individual targets
- Review actual wastage performance against targets with management team and create action plans to correct any concerns identified
- Provide day to day catering support including stock management and service delivery
- Support with the development of current and future food offers
- Organise the training & development of catering terms
- Previous catering experience in a similar role
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Proven experience of managing client relationships within a contract environment
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent – BSC (catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety certificate
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's