|Location||Oxford, Oxfordshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £24000.00 per annum + amazing company benefits!||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Position: Chef De Partie
Location: Oxford, OX2 - Prestigious Oxford College
Salary: Up to £24,000
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week, Term Time Only, 3 week rota (07:00-15:30 or 11:00-19:30)
One of Oxfords leading co-educational independent College is looking for a chef de Partie to join their team. The school prides itself on its outstanding academic, pastoral and co-curricular outcomes. The school caters for children from ages 4-18 year olds.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading independent school to develop their culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities.
The CDP role will involve…..
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A good understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
Experience & Training:
- Welcome applicants with previous Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large scale operation.
- GCSE level education or above
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Good craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
What's in it for you...
- Salary: Up to £24,000
- Work life balance
- Established team
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 349 49 or contact via email by