|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently recruiting two Catering Managers to work within and support our Government High Schools.
As a Catering Manager you will offer a menu that is in line with the menu service and style guide and also cater for activities listed in the contract activity plan. This includes catering for special themed days, parent and school council taster sessions, termly surveys, whilst also implementing all marketing activities required.
This position will suit an experienced Catering Manager who thrives under pressure, is good at situational decision making and problem solving and also enjoys managing a team.
This role offers working term time only.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
• Organise and be assisted with the preparation and presentation of all meal service
• Organise any special function as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
• Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets
• Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times
• Recruit, interview, control and manage your direct reportsIdeal candidate
• Strong level of literacy and numeracy
• Experience of catering and managing a team
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
• NVQ Chef/Catering qualifications or equivalent
• Intermediate Food Hygiene CertificateAbout the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.