|Salary||£25,000 - £27,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
As Catering Manager, you'll plan, organise and coordinate all catering activity, ensuring service delivery excellence.
You'll provide leadership and clear direction to your team, ensuring they are motivated and engaged, and that they understand how their contribution impacts on the business.
Frustrated working split shifts, long 12 hour days every day and then working every weekend and bank holidays? We believe in quality of life not only for our clients, but our people too - no Christmas Day working in a hot kitchen!
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel.
We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community.
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
• Proven experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
• Supervisory experience
• Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety certificate
• Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
• Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
• Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
• Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
• IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
• Proven experience of managing client relationships
• Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
• Experience of working in a military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.