|Job Title:||Catering Manager|
|Salary:||£24,000 - £28,000 DOE|
|Start Date:||2019-03-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 13:14|
The catering manager has the responsibility to plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the catering operational business area. The main expectations of the role are to ensure standards of service and KPIs are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area. The catering manager will contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area. You will continually monitor all food standards and hygiene standards and ensure they are maintained at the highest level, embracing the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values and manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reportsPackage description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays & healthcare.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your EPA to discuss and agree job performance, objectives and development activities
- To maintain professional work standards at all times
- To care for all company equipment and ensure that any faults are reported to management
- To take adequate steps to ensure the security of company and client property and monies under your control
- To act as duty manager ‘on call’ and holiday/weekend cover as directed by line manager
- To actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and the external market. Maximise profitable sales by the introduction and maintenance of food service brands to the standard required by the company
- To action customer compliments by praising colleagues and resolving complaints satisfactorily, referring to your line manager where necessary
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing colleague performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's