|Job Title:||Catering Assistant|
|Start Date:||2019-04-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Pendlebury|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 15:35|
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for a Catering Assistant.
You will plan, prepare, produce and portion menu dishes in line with the specification and ensure food is served to the highest presentable standard and quality. Experience in ‘bulk’ catering or catering for large numbers is desirable.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP Forest Bank is one of the largest prisons in the UK and demonstrates custodial excellence in many areas with an emphasis on risk assessment, addressing comprehensive needs and forming strong links with the community outside which all contribute to reducing reoffending.
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£22,500 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts, 20 days holiday.Main responsibilities
- Ensure all food is prepared fit for purpose, within budget and handled in accordance with the relevant guidelines.
- Assist to maintain efficient and secure receipt, storage and issue of foods and provisions and maintain documents related with these systems.
- Complete all relevant daily paperwork.
- Instruct and oversee the daily workload of residents, ensuring residents comply with cleaning procedures and stock rotation.
- Ensure all residents and visitors adhere to Sodexo Health & Safety procedures and the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Ensure meal production timescales are met.
- Visit all points of service to ensure all food legislation and portion control is adhered to.
Full job description attachedIdeal candidate
- Willingness to participate in training as required in order to keep up to date with all mandatory and
- refresher training.
- Minimum Level 2 in Catering, Suitable qualifications for example City & Guilds 7061/7062 or equivalent NVQ or for the right candidate strong evidence of working within a fast paced catering environment and willing to work towards a level 2 qualification.
- Minimum Level 2 in Food Hygiene
- Experience in supervising and training others.
- Experience in ‘bulk’ catering or catering for large numbers.
- NVQ Catering assessor.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£9.54 per hour
Up to £8.21 per hour
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £8.21 per annum + Holiday pay, pension and flexible hours
Up to £8.21 per hour