Call Centre Team Leader
|Job Title:||Call Centre Team Leader|
|Salary:||£25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Pedro Tsiamas|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2019 09:38|
Reporting to: Customer Services Manager
Working closely with: Workforce & Outsourcing Manager/Head of Customer Services
Direct Reports: CSRs, Senior CSRs, Premier CSRs
Shifts: Core hours; working on a shift rota basis from 10am – 7pm and 2pm – 11pm Monday to Friday on alternating weekly basis. Flexibility is required however between 8am – 11pm Monday to Sunday during peak periods and to cover holidays.
The role of the Team Leader is to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service through the contact centre by monitoring workloads across the team and ensuring all work is completed on a timely basis. The Team Leader assists the team in the completion of work responding to queries on a day to day basis. They are a role model to their team and take responsibility when necessary to assist other teams in the contact centre.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Support the Customer Services Manager in ensuring the delivery of Contact Centre KPIs for telephone answering, email response times and quality of call/email handling.
• Liaise with the Resource Planning Manager and Customer Services Manager to allocate work within the team and ensure competed on a timely basis. This can include emails, order entry, systems work, systems tray, catalogue requests and deletions, priority returns and any other work taken into the contact centre for completion.
• Plan workloads based on staff availability, undertaking any outstanding work that needs to be done to meet targets.
• Handle escalated queries and day to day issues raised by team members.
• Attend contact centre weekly management meetings and fortnightly team meetings. Chair these meetings in the Customer Services Manager's absence. Attend meetings to represent the contact centre to other departments for example Marketing, Buying and Merchandising.
• Keep the Customer Services Manager updated on a regular basis with issues and concerns affecting the team and the workloads.
• Understand the processes driving workload in the contact centre and continuously look at improvements which will deliver better service or improved efficiency.
• Complete ad-hoc reports and work on projects as and when requested by the Head of Customer Services.
• Coach CSRs on all aspects of their calls and emails on a weekly basis
• Complete monthly 121 s and performance management tasks
• Motivate your team by setting clear daily targets and encouraging productivity
• Create a positive, team environment
This list is not exhaustive. Team Leaders should always be prepared to answer calls, respond to emails or do whatever work is needed to ensure the smooth running of the contact centre and delivery of excellent customer service
• Supervisory/management experience
• Fundamental customer service skills – excellent telephone manner and good understanding of the principles of customer service.
• Excellent communication skills – the ability to listen accurately and explain complex or simple concepts clearly at all levels.
• Good influencing skills – proven ability to convince others and gain their respect.
• Ability to work well under pressure, showing good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Inbound Call Centre Agent
Inbound banking call centre
5 out of 7 days work inc part weekends
Call Centre Manager
£35000 per annum
Call Centre Agent (Outbound)
£17500 - £25000 per annum
Inbound Banking Call Centre Advisor
£9.83 per hour, Benefits: Overtime rates, Bonus free car parking