|Location||Home Based||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £70,000 depending on experience||Sector||Sales|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Global Sports & Leisure team to develop, grow and retain Sodexo airline business by working closely with the segment Head of Business Development to achieve challenging growth and client retention targets. This requires prospecting and lead generation to contribute to the development of the sales pipeline in keeping with segment strategy.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Up to £70,000 depending on experience
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefit scheme
- Support the Head of Business Development in the development and ownership of prospecting opportunities in alignment with stated segment sales strategy
- Constantly look into the market activity and seek to secure new profitable business
- Develop strong relationships and solutions to increase client acquisition and retention
- Inform the continued development of the Segment sales strategy and proposition development via courting prospective clients and obtaining market intelligence
- Where appropriate lead and support the business with major re-tenders and organic growth bids within existing contracts
- Build a strong pipeline and nurture potential client relationships so as to positively influence Sodexo’s probability of conversion as opportunities come to market
- Approaching and engaging the right people within the client organisations to build a clear picture of not only the organisational requirements but the C Suite and other key decision makers and influencers
- Using the information gathered to truly penetrate the client, influence and guide the bid strategy accordingly
- Support the segment in the end to end sales process for major rebids and organic growth of additional services
- Create and manage account strategy plans for major prospects with support of Head of Business Development
- Provide solution support to high value, complex bids where appropriate
- Support the Head of Business Development in segment business development planning, customer and competitor analysis
- Ensure best practice is delivered working with other departments and country entities in solutioning the best offer for Sodexo and the client
- Maintain on-going relationships with clients and internal personnel after award of contract to build on the Clients for Life philosophy
- Generate holistic solutions that are a compelling proposition to the client by addressing their business and consumer needs and differentiating Sodexo from our competitors while being balanced with commercial requirements.
- Ensure all solutions produced by proposed are in line with both Sodexo and Client commercial models and how each generates profit.
- Ensure new business contracts achieve revenue and profitability targets and support the objectives of Sodexo operations teams
- Ensure that all target prospects, existing clients and tender opportunities are qualified for building long term growth for Sodexo
- Detailed understanding of Catering/Hospitality/FM market sector
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Must have experience of working in a business focused environment
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Commercially aware with solid business development and financial management skills
- Confident, ambitious and energetic with a persuasive manner and the ability to use initiative
- Deep knowledge of Airline Lounges sector clients and their requirements
- Able to assess the challenges of operating in an airport and mitigate those through Sodexo processes and solutions
- Able to communicate the Airline Lounges vision effectively to Sodexo teams in other geographies who are new to the sector
- Strong organisational skills and ability to bring together complex teams, precise scheduling and multiple and shifting priorities
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.