|Location||Bristol, Avon and Bristol||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Circa £65,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance||Sector||Building & Construction|
Built on over 50 years of expertise, Bromford is one of the country’s biggest Housing Associations; a £250 million social enterprise, managing over 44,000 homes spread across Central and South West England, whose A+ credit rating reflects a ‘strong financial profile’ and ‘exceptional’ liquidity position.
Having set aside a joint investment of £1.5 billion to facilitate the development of 14,000 new homes over the next decade, we’ve also recently finalised a £100 million market placement with 5 North American investors and been confirmed as one of Homes England new strategic partners… providing the perfect backdrop to this key appointment.
- Lead a team of effective Business Development Managers to identify and secure s106 development opportunities that meet the Groups Business Plan growth objectives.
- Develops and maintains an effective external network of developers, land owners and agents to secure an ongoing pipeline of new schemes over the short and medium term.
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of available resources to provide an effective new business service to the New Homes Team.
- Lead on major projects and initiatives within New Homes including joint ventures.
- Prepare detailed and financially robust development scheme offers within agreed internal protocols.
- Negotiate as appropriate land, build and development contracts/ agreements safeguarding the interests of the Group.
- Ensure that all schemes are worked up in sufficient detail for handover to the delivery team and comply with internal requirements and those of Homes England, other lending bodies and statutory authorities
What will it take to succeed?
- Well first and foremost – you’ll be a proven performer from the affordable housing sector, with direct experience of business development and bespoke financial modelling
- Someone who has experience of undertaking development scheme appraisals alongside experience of land conveyancing
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills is essential
- You’ll be an engaging leader, empowering your team to make effective decisions so our customers can thrive
- The role covers our full geography, location we can be flexible on but the role will require travel
- Last but not least, you’ll have the potential to make the most of what we think is great opportunity, offering flexible working and great life/work balance too
If you fit the bill and would relish the chance to make your mark in a progressive organisation, with a progressive outlook and a clear social purpose – then please get in touch.
Closing date for applications 26th May 2019 with interviews taking place 3rd June 2019
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. Bromford Housing Group will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us. All employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.