|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Engineering, Building & Construction|
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a BIM Manager in the Birmingham office of an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, who work within the UK and internationally. The company has multiple offices throughout UK. They are looking to expand their BIM team, progressing the use of technologies underpinned by BIM within the company.
The firm is looking for a passionate individual who is eager to progress the use of BIM within the company. This new role has been created to develop the companies standards and strengthen their Digital Engineering services. A Successful BIM Manager candidate will be working across a range of sectors including residential, defence and manufacturing, experiencing a wide variety of projects up to the value of £500 Mil.
This consultancy has an excellent reputation within the industry, known for creating strong client relationships and delivering exceptional construction solutions. The opportunity to learn within this talented team and take on a variety of projects and clients at a practice that rewards performance is not to be missed!
Responsibilities: BIM Manager
- Take the lead on BIM delivery within a heavily client facing role
- Coordinate with the heads of departments, advising on BIM strategy
- Promote delivery of datasets such as COBie
- Regularly run coordination meetings, workshops and to provide in-house training for staff across multiple disciplines
- Ensuring clear communications across teams
- Build ongoing relationships with clients
- Qualification in the Built Environment, BIM, Change Management or data science
- Confident using multiple programs such as Revit, Solibri, Power BI, Revizto and Asite
- Prior experience within a BIM Manager / Coordinator role
- Strong knowledge of the industry, current BIM standards and software
- A technical background in Architecture is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and an active team player
- Strong business development skills with excellent client focus