Ready to make that step up? Speedy are looking for a passionate individual to join our busy team as an Assistant Manager in Luton.
The Assistant management role, in our stores, presents fantastic opportunities for you to progress in the business. With realistic expectations for the future, you can see yourself as Depot Manager or perhaps in field sales or other operational roles that may satisfy your career ambitions.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager, you will ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will supervise and coordinate operations within the depot and deputise for the Depot Manager in their absence.
You’ll be constantly in touch with the wider business, ensuring that your customers are receiving the highest level of service and that the products provided, reflect the highest levels of excellence that makes Speedy the best and the safest hire company to do business with.
To demonstrate success in your role, you should embrace and implement sales campaigns and generate leads where possible for the sales team. In addition, using your supervisory and mentoring skills, you will be responsible for motivating and training your team.
Promoting cooperation and teamwork between colleagues whilst monitoring and maintaining branch standards is a key part of your role.Ideal candidate
- Customer focused, able to demonstrate the ability to understand customer needs and can get things done.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work load and work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Capability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to adapt to individual and operational change in a diverse and fast-paced organisation
- PC literate
- General knowledge of the construction industry and trades including products.
- Knowledge of the hire process.
- Previous experience as a Hire Controller or junior manager is advantageous.
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service