|Salary||£24000 - £28660 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time (As Soon as Possible)
Salary: Up to £28,660
Hours: 36hr Contract
Shifts: 5 days a week, No evenings and Mainly Weekdays (weekend shifts possible, but very rare)
- Training provided
- Continuous opportunities for personal development
- Annual Salary Increase
- Paid overtime/Time in Lieu
- Excellent location
- On-site parking (£150pa Approx.)
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Paid time off at Easter (approx. 1 week)
- Paid time off at Christmas (approx. 10-14 days)
Are you an experienced catering manager that loves to make a difference?
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced manager to join the team, overseeing the catering operations at a reputable education provider in the centre of Southampton.
In this role you will be working alongside the Catering Services and Hospitality Operations Managers, to ensure all service staff are working to the necessary standards. This site has multiple catering units from Fine Dining to retail and will require the successful applicant to take a hands on role in the front line management of staff in various sectors. This a high volume site, providing catering across various sectors and outlets.
Located less than 2 miles from central Southampton, the main campus is 2.6miles from Southampton Central Station (25 minute by bus) and a 1 minute walk from the nearest Bus Stop. There are exceptional facilities nearby including various shops, food outlets and a Gym.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the proactive management of the on-site catering units ensuring that each area is equipped to cover business needs to include training and people development.
- The day-to-day managerial support to Catering Supervisors to ensure the delivery of an excellent high quality service across the various outlets, incl. two catered halls of residence, and four retail outlets
- Assist with the coordination and, where necessary, supervision of off-site hospitality events.
- Implement and maintain the statutory standards of food hygiene and health and safety.
- Drive sales and marketing opportunities for financial growth.
- Any other duties as allocated by the Catering Services Manager following consultation with the post holder.
- Experience in retail management, food service, hospitality, systems thinking, H&S, food and people development.
- Ability to plan and execute a number of activities simultaneously
- Forward thinking and ‘can do’ approach to solution finding.
- The ability to lead and motivate teams effectively.
- To maintain a positive outlook and flexibility to embrace new ideas and concepts working forwards
- To ensure staff are clear about changing work priorities and service expectations,
- Using the experience of your craft background and passion lead by example by being hands-on when required.
- Able to positively influence the way a team works together.
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally at all levels.
- Able to elicit information to identify specific customer needs.
- Able to offer proactive advice and guidance.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Computer literate.
- Be self-motivated, positive and be able to work under pressure.
- Holder of a full driving licence (preferable)
- Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) trained or willing to be trained to become personal licence holder.
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, weekends, open days and Graduation.
If this sounds like you then please Click APPLY today.
We promise to reply to all applications within 7 business days.