|Salary||£28050 - £32000 per annum||Sector||Engineering, Miscellaneous|
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to be a key part of our wastewater treatment business and the on going development of a recently created Area Services Team. You will be part of a team who will provide specialist technical support to performance managers across an area, with a particular technical specialism in Health and Safety and Statutory Compliance. This role will be critical in helping to ensure that the agreed compliance and service levels are achieved both now and in the future, and enable us to drive strategic change. This role will also be responsible for delivering controller of premises duties.
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
- Provide technical support to performance managers and technical co-ordinators to meet operational performance and customer service targets.
- To manage any facilities related issues, liaising with the appropriate people.
- To support our work as being a good neighbour in the local communities where we are based, you will work to update the odour management plans, track audit actions and monitoring of routine inspections.
- Assist in the management of 3rd party framework suppliers to undertake critical maintenance in the field on key assets such as Generation, screens, flow-meters ensuring work is undertaken in accordance with task specifications / standards.
- To support a culture of behavioural safety is ensure that the health, safety and wellbeing of employees and other affected persons is top priority.
- To be responsible for controller of premises activities, including ensuring we are compliant with routine inspections relating to fire, asbestos, legionella etc.
- Assist / lead field activities such as supervising contractors on site as appropriate, reviewing contractor risk assessments, issuing of permits and health and safety as required, including grounds maintenance.
- Take responsibility for safe working practices which comply with company procedures including: health and safety legislation, and other related issues.
- Conduct SHE inspections and spotting and reporting hazards and near misses in a timely manner.
- Maintain and coordinate Statutory Compliance across Thames Valley South STW’s.
- Ensuring COSHH risk assessments are created in place.
- We are looking for someone who has a broad range of maintenance and Health and Safety skills and their application within the water industry.
- You will have good communication skills and a proven knowledge and understanding of the operation of maintenance and mechanical and electrical assets.
- Due to the nature of the role you will be required to travel between sites so a full UK driving license is essential.
- Experience with coordinating projects and developing new ways of working and capturing site based data.
- 5 x GCSE’s or equivalent, with good IT and report writing skills.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) qualification would be ideal.
- A facilities background would be desirable.
Would you like to be part of a team that has a positive impact on the environment and the manufacture of green energy? Working side by side with our performance managers, you will be part of the team that will be instrumental in helping the business to make a step change in how we drive maintenance leadership. This team will also allow us to make improvements in the safety and security of our sites and is a key enabler to helping us to achieve our wider ambitions.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.