|Job Title:||Area Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Company Car OR Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Willey|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2019 14:39|
Location - Tiverton
Salary - £35,000 - £38,000
Reporting to - Regional Manager
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
A company who I am working closely with have a new opportunity for an Area Manager. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to different sites covering their region that they will be looking after.
Main Responsibilities of the successful Area Manager -
- Ensuring the outputs for the core contract services and additional works are delivered in line with plan and using the appropriate inputs.
- Direct management responsibility for operational activities on defined MOD sites and commercial contracts within their area.
- Implementing and delivering on continuous improvement initiatives and reduction of sub-contract spend and increased self-delivery.
- Responsible for managing all people related developments and issues arising within the area.
- Ensuring site-based and commercial activities within the Area are being operated in line with health and safety legislation, method statements and risk assessments.
- Reporting to the Regional Manager on site performance versus KPIs and implementing any necessary corrective action.
- Minimum Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in a management and/or technical discipline.
- Completed or willing to undertake IOSH/NEBOSH Managing Safely and management development qualifications.
- Be able to analyse stats and are proficient in the use of Excel.
- Ability to manage, programme and monitor core activities and additional works against requirements, budget and ensuring KPIs are achieved.
- Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance.
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers.
- Can demonstrate track record of effectively managing and motivating individuals and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations.
- Competent with standard MS office applications, SharePoint and ERP management information systems.
- Experienced at analysing data, understanding the outcomes and transposing the information to make key business decisions.
- Sound decision making based on information available and ability to react to changing demands and prioritise activities according to available resources.
- Ability to manage expectations of all stakeholders.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's