Applications Systems Manager
|Job Title:||Applications Systems Manager|
|Location:||Mutually convenient ALE office - See our website for ALE locations|
|Salary:||Competitive, based on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-06-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 10:24|
This is a technical role developing and supporting ALE’s global business applications. ALE’s ERP solution (IFS) is at the core of our business processes with over 470 users, operating in multiple offices around the globe.
Working with our business analysts and end users, you will design and build new applications to improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the ERP solution. You will play a key role supporting the business analysis during global implementations of IFS.
ALE is investing in new technologies focusing on dashboard reporting and mobile functionality. You will have responsibility for selecting, utilising and developing these new technologies.
You will also provide support to the application users as well as managing all aspect of administration of the ERP systems. Utilising the Service Desk system, you will ensure support service levels are maintained and change control processes administered.
Under the guidance of the Group Applications Manager, you will have a significant role in a small, distributed team and you will be leading all technical aspects of our global applications. The role could based from any mutually convenient ALE branch in the UK, USA, Spain, Holland, South East Asia or the Middle East. Other locations would also be considered for the right candidate, although we are particularly interested in candidates who are already based in, or willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi (UAE), Rayong (Thailand) or Jakarta (Indonesia).
This is an exciting and challenging role in a dynamic business which is experiencing dramatic growth globally – the opportunities for personal development and career progression are extremely diverse as a result.Package description
Competitive packageMain responsibilities
- Take responsibility for IFS Administration managing all aspects of the applications performance, security and availability.
- Designing, developing and testing interfaces between multiple applications.
- Using Qlik and other reporting tools, design and develop dashboards and reports that provide easy to use analytical and operational views of the ERP data.
- Develop mobile and web applications that will simplify ERP operation
- Provide support to the IFS implementation team
- Develop and manage IFS data migration routines
- Liaise with IFS Support Centre to ensure the resolution of support cases.
- Manage upgrades and releases to the IFS databases
- Support the IT Service desk to deal with enquires from our global IFS user base
- Technical and user support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Assist with training of computer users
- Maintain systems documentation
- IT/Engineering Degree or equivalent
- IFS - Technical, functional and analytical abilities sufficient for managing and developing our enterprise systems.
- Oracle PL/SQL- Ability to write robust queries on a database
- Dashboard Reporting tools – eg Qlik
- Crystal Reports
- Oracle Database Administration
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Hyperion (Financial Management)
- Java/DotNET understanding
- Mobile applications development
- Business process management and simplification tools – eg Novacura Flow
- 3 years+ SQL Development
- 2 years+ IFS Administration/Development
- End User support
- Service Desk administration
- Systems Administration
- Engineering and/or Transport Industry experience
- Finance and/or Project Cost Control Systems experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluent in English
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Ability to communicate complex technological solutions to end users
- Solutions-oriented and have exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills within complex enterprise systems
- Hand on approach to finding, developing and implementing solutions
- Able to manage own workload and priorities
- Self-directed learner
- Eager to keep up with technological developments
- Initiative and enterprise
- Willing to travel abroad for short periods
- Eligible to travel for work in Europe
- Valid passport
- Driving licence
- Eligible to travel for work in Middle East, South East Asia, Australia, Americas and Africa.
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Systems Support Specialist
Up to £30,000
IT Systems Technician
£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
Financial Systems Developer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£40000 per annum
MES Engineer - Manufacturing Execution Systems
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Profit Share, Company pension, 25 days hols