|Salary||£12.14 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
The post holder will provide administrative support for the Presessional programmes, to include processing of presessional fees and commission claims, attendance monitoring and other Tier 4 compliance activity, analysing student progression, supervising temporary staff and administrative support for Academic English courses.
• Act as key point of contact for all enquiries relating to presessional fees and payments, using appropriate University financial systems
• Create and maintain up-to-date records of debtors
• Follow up outstanding payments to ensure timely payment of course fees, within agreed timeframes. This may require considerable tact and customer handling skills, as well as judgement over what payment terms are appropriate and when to escalate.
• Raise invoice requests relating to presessional fees which are being paid by official sponsors, following correct University financial guidelines
• Keep Operations Manager and Programme Administration Officer informed of any non-payment or refund issues
• Manage commission claims from overseas agents for presessional courses
• Ensure all commission claims are valid, query anomalies and pay invoices.
• Process purchase orders, deliveries, and reconcile invoices and credit notes
Presessional Programme Support
• Run reports on student data.
• Create and maintain registers on CANVAS and use to communicate course information to students.
• Create CANVAS courses, enrol students and make modules
• Respond to communications (written and verbal) from a broad variety of people, resolving queries and passing them on where appropriate.
• Answer enquiries and advise international students on Presessional course related matters, including University course related policies and procedures.
• Create and maintain Excel spreadsheet containing student results for exam board and Admissions
Academic English Programme Support
• Responding to student enquiries regarding English language support.
• Statistics analysis of student attendance including producing reports for Academic English programme manager.
• Attend regular meetings with the Academic English team and produce minutes.
• Manage the comms and markets of English support classes through University systems and social media.
• Represent the school at open days and provide information on language courses available.
Required knowledge, skills qualifications, experience
• Excellent IT skills, including experience of maintaining databases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good team working skills.
• Excellent customer service skills
• A professional and personable manner.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• A logical, systematic approach to tasks.
• Extremely high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritise accordingly.
• Ability to work proactively and without supervision.
• Aptitude and willingness to learn new software packages
• Ability to interpret data and write reports
• Knowledge of University policies, procedures and systems
• Understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection.
• Experience of working in Education
• High level of cultural awareness/sensitivity towards staff and students from a wide range of backgrounds.
• Significant administrative experience in a busy office
If you are interested in this role please apply