|Salary||£9.81 per hour||Sector||Professional & Admin, Miscellaneous|
This role will facilitate a booking service for Agents Visits (including a variety of other service providers), co-ordination of Video Conferencing facilities for the Appeals Courts and other court services. This role is the point of contact for visiting agents, Police, external partner agencies, SPS establishments and the Appeal Courts.
- To provide a professional and efficient booking system for a variety of Agencies and Agents and co-ordinate these visits.
- Co-ordinate and facilitation of the video concerning facility for the purpose of the Agents Visits and the Appeal Courts and Sheriff Court.
- To carry out any other duties required by the managers.
- Take telephone calls and e-mail bookings - check PR2 to ensure prisoners and suitable facilities are available, whilst checking security issues.
- Accurately record information on PR2. Co-ordinate and communicate the visit or video conference to all parties concerned. Accurately record that the visit has taken place.
- Provide monthly statistical data on the visits and video conferencing to Business Improvement.
- Operate the Video Conferencing equipment and check the identity of the caller before authorising Prison staff to bring in the prisoner.
- To record, co-ordinate and facilitate video conferencing arrangements for the SPS's Appeal Courts for all SPS establishments.
- Maintain accurate data bases in the management of files and archives, in compliance with the Document Retention Policy.
- Liaise with court desk staff, English and Welsh Courts with regards to Cross Border Court Video links which involves the advice and support for cross border link.
- To provide Saturday cover for the Mail Administrator role, with a one in four Saturday requirement for the role, following the strict Guidelines for this process.
- Provide any assistance as and when required.
- The post holder will provide a professional, timely and courteous service in answer telephone calls and emails to arrange bookings for Agents Visits and Video Conferencing.
- The post holder will be required to liaise with a variety of Criminal Justice Partners including: Police (Scotland), Criminal Justice Social Work, Scottish Court Services, Procurator Fiscal Services, etc.
- They will accurately record information on PR2 and gather statistical data for the Business Improvement Team.
- The post holder will be required to be competent in the handling of the incoming mail to the establishment to provide occasional cover on Saturday for the Mail Administrator.
- They will work with personal sensitive data in line with the Data Protection Act.
- The post holder will be required to manage keys and maintain their PPT competency.
- The post holder will work in the Agents Visits area where prisoners will be present. They will work directly with Operations staff. They will also be required to work out of the General Office.
- There will be occasional periods of prolonged use of the VDU system and the telephone.
Hours for this role are as follows:
Mon to Thurs: 08.00 to 16.30 with one hour for lunch
Friday: 08.00 to 16.00 with one hour for lunch
The post hold will be occasionally be required to cover the Mail Administrator post on Saturday, with a rest day to be taken during the week.
Basic Disclosure Required
Please apply online