|Job Title:||Activities Administrator|
|Salary:||£19,176.84 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-04-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 07:54|
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for an Activities Administrator to provide a comprehensive and skilled administrative support service to the learning and skills team.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
£19,176.84 per annum plus excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday)
37.5 hours per weekMain responsibilities
- Undertake Prisoner employment and activity duties, scheduling and maintaining records/timetables as directed by management
- Assist in the collation, dissemination and analysis of information.
- Conduct Tool inventory audits and Stock checks
- Support departmental staff in the maintenance of the purposeful activity offer within the prison.
- Collate statistical information for regime monitoring and input data to relevant systems
- Manage and maintain a filing system that will track offenders’ progress within the establishment.
- Manage and maintain the Training Centre’s SQA records system in line with their policies.
- Be part of a multi-functional team to provide a service to the prison as a whole to include providing cover for departmental Administrators
- Note/Minute taking
- Assist in the collation, dissemination and analysis of information
- Support management during audits ensuring contractual compliance.
- General office administrative duties as required
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Team player.
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's