|Salary||Highly competitive||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join our UK & Ireland Onshore Energy team in Sodexo’s Energy & Resources segment.
Reporting to the UK & Ireland Vice President for Onshore Energy, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of contracts for which they will hold full P&L accountability. In addition to developing and executing business plan initiatives, driving growth and client retention. You’ll build an in-depth knowledge of contract scope and performance.
At Sodexo, people are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be responsible for attracting, developing and retaining a skilled, high performing and engaged team. You’ll also recognise and reward those who do a great job and address underperformance in a constructive, encouraging way.Package description
£competitive annual salary + highly attractive benefits package, including pension, performance related bonus and a flexible benefits scheme.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.Main responsibilities
- To support the VP for Onshore Energy at a strategic, operational and business development level
- Support the tender process for FM opportunities including negotiations, submissions, clarifications, presentations and award
- Develop and execute appropriate business plan key initiatives, Clients for Life, offer developments and retention
- Provide onshore FM Services to the highest standard meeting client requirements/expectations in a multi-site environment
- Ensure continuous improvement and growth whilst delivering the business objectives
- Full P&L accountability for portfolio of contracts
- Familiarise him/herself with the full scope of service for each contract, coordinate the process relating to improving working capital, consistently achieving budget, maximising earnings before interest & tax (EBIT), whilst ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develop, retain and attract people and create relevant and appropriate talent reviews and PDRs for each that create a high performing culture
- Suitably reward and recognize talent and excellent performance, but deal with non-conformance and under performance in a structured way
- Required to communicate effectively either verbally, in writing or by presentation with clients, management team, colleagues, staff and all support services, including contractors and trade unions
- Develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders that enhance the professional reputation of the department and Company
- Fully support and participate in all Sodexo safety initiatives
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the relevant Health and Safety at Work Act
- Ensure behaviours and attitudes are in keeping with our business values and safety standard at all times
- Graduate calibre or minimum 3 years’ experience in managing multi-site multi service operations
- Extensive financial and commercial awareness including experience of managing full profit and loss accountability
- Demonstrable track record of acquiring, managing and retaining Facilities Management contracts in a multi-site environment
- Demonstrate effective communication (verbal and non-verbal) with all contract and company stakeholders, with ability to adapt to different audiences
- Strategic thinker, problem solver, innovator
- Act as a safety leader representative
- Experienced in leading Company initiatives and change management processes
- IOSH Managing safely (or similar)
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.