3D Autocad Designer
|Job Title:||3D Autocad Designer|
|Start Date:||Feb 2019|
|Contact Name:||Kristy Moore|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 15:38|
Job will include:
* To produce designs in line with company philosophy of practicality and cost effectiveness.
* To produce manufacturing and construction drawings to a standard acceptable to contractors, suppliers, planning officers and fire officers within agreed time programme.
* To represent the company to outside agencies client, sub-contractors and planning officers as and when required.
* Report at least weekly to the design office manager during the design office meeting and plan workload.
* To effectively design and produce accurate and detailed drawings with clear information at all times to agreed programme with design office manager and in accordance with design office procedure manual.
* To develop a brief with the client where applicable, and confirm this brief in writing and forward to client. The account holder may carry this out also.
* Where necessary, make site visit as a pre-requisite to the design and carry out initial survey works in conjunction with the project managers. Please note that you are not required to carry out surveys on behalf of project managers unless arranged under extraordinary circumstances).
* To be aware of design issues through manufacturing and work in conjunction with suppliers to develop prototypes.
* With multiple customers, absorb feedback through internal channels and implement required changes on future sites.
* To liaise with project management / buying in order to maintain a practical and cost effective design.
* To produce presentations including visuals up to the standard required by the company and of sufficient detail to put all points of the design concept to the client. This may also include presentation to the client.
* To develop the company's 2D and 3D visualisation software.
* To keep up to date with current design trends and technology in all areas in which the company is involved.
* To make and keep commitments when asked to do so and work with other members of staff in a positive and progressive way.
* To meet with suppliers, maintain their information in the library, and ensure that all relevant information is also inserted onto the library spreadsheet on the server.
* To ensure that the drawing register and issue list is maintained at all times.
* To be responsible for the upkeep of the design office consumables.
* To be aware of Health and Safety / CDM 2015 regulations and their effect on the designed environment.
* To produce weekly timesheets for accounts.
* To assist other designers on all projects.
* To save down and print as required by the project managers the drawings sent through to the design office computer.
* Design qualification and / or experience.
* Minimum 2 years including full shop schemes and products.
* 5 GCSE grade C / O level equivalent, including English.
* 2 years familiarity with Microsoft packages inc. AutoCAD / Photoshop and Autodesk Revit.
* Ability to read working drawings.
* Office hours working Monday to Friday / with a competitive salary.
* Company annual bonus scheme.
* Company pension scheme and much more.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £35000 per annum
Senior Architectural Technician
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Assistant Civil Engineer - Nottingham
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Project Civil Engineer - Central London
£35000 - £40000 per annum
£26000 - £32000 per annum