Poppy Appeal Collector
Why get involved with the Royal British Legion (RBL)?
You don’t need to be an RBL member or have links to the Armed Forces community to volunteer with us. You’ll be joining the UK's leading Armed Forces charity, the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – and helping ensure their unique contribution is never forgotten.
How will I make a difference as a Poppy Appeal Collector?
You will help raise vital funds by collecting donations from the public at various locations and events during the Poppy Appeal (October and November) and at our all-year-round fundraising events and shows.
What would I be doing as a Poppy Appeal Collector?
- Collecting donations from the public using fundraising materials and a collecting bucket/tin and contactless devices.
- Representing the RBL at high footfall locations/events.
- Supervising stalls at collection points and events.
- Talking to members of the public to raise awareness of the work of RBL.
What skills and experience would I need, or could I develop?
You will be committed to and passionate about the RBL’s vision and values and you’ll enjoy the challenge of volunteering in a community fundraising role.
- Able to demonstrate politeness, approachability, and enthusiasm for your role.
- Confident communication skills.
- Dedication, reliability and flexibility.
- Knowledge of relevant fundraising, methods, policies and procedures according to the method and location of collection.
- Keen to learn about the support the RBL offers the Armed Forces community and sharing this knowledge with the public you meet.
- Committed to acting in line with Legion policies and procedures, including those relating to data protection; confidentiality; safeguarding; health and safety and equality and diversity.
What support will be available to me?
- Your local Poppy Appeal Organiser, a fellow volunteer, will be your main point of contact and support.
- The local Community Fundraiser or Fundraising Relationship Assistant (RBL staff member) will also offer guidance.
- You will have a Volunteer Agreement that outlines as what you can expect from the RBL and the RBL’s expectations of you.
- Opportunities for further development and/or experience in other RBL volunteer roles
For more information visit: https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/about-us/who-we-are