- Job Reference: 00006849-1
- Date Posted: 15 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wirral, Merseyside
- Salary: £65.00 to £70.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
COVID-19: Tradewind are continuing to recruit for roles which are planned to start in September 2020. We have implemented remote interview and vetting procedures for your safety.
Tradewinds Liverpool based SEND Team are currently looking for a Youth Worker to be based within a school on the Wirral. You will be working with children aged from 11-16 who are no longer in a mainstream school.
The school is based from a small site 10 minutes walk from a main train station, additionally it is easily accessed from the M53 and has free parking onsite.
Each working day covers the hours of 8:30am-4:15pm which will start and end with a staff briefing. Your daily role with include behaviour and emotional support either on a 1:1 basis or working with small groups of children. More often than not come from troubled backgrounds and as a result have associated mental health needs.
What we are looking for:
* Experience working with young people, preferably in Youth Centres or residential children's homes
* Previous experience with challenging behaviours
* Calm but positive personality
* Skills to empower young people to make them believe they can achieve
* Excellent listening skills
* Maths and English GCSE as a minimum
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a School Based Youth Worker. Or for more information about the role, contact Jemma Howson, Senior SEN Consultant (phone number removed)