Yard Foreman / Manager
|Job Title:||Yard Foreman / Manager|
|Salary:||£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019 15:43|
Blue Arrow is currently recruiting for an Yard Foreman / Manager for our client based in Northampton.
Position: Yard Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to 30k
Shifts: Mon to Fri 07-00-16:30 / 08.00-17.30
Breaks: 2x 15mins, 1x 30mins
About the Company:
The UK's largest supplier of non-mechanical access systems, scaffolding and safety products for hire and sale. Through a nationwide network of branches and lorry fleet it provides a full hire and sale service to the Construction, Events, Industrial and Utility sectors. Specialist branches supply a full range of modular aluminium access towers, low level access and safe access products and solutions. From scaffolding ancillaries to full sea freight containers of scaffolding, our export division provides a cost effective procurement solution anywhere in the world.
To supervise the yard team and lead by example for a large commercial operation of a national non-mechanical plant supplier, to ensure that all company and customer requirements are delivered on time safely and to a high standard.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Strong leadership skills and a proven track record in supervisory experience is essential.
* Previous training and certification in supervision would be desirable, e.g. NEBSM.
* Previous training in IOSH Working safely would be desirable.
* Computer literate.
* Flexible and willing to support the needs of the business.
* Highly motivated with the ability and desire to make a difference.
* Take ownership for improving safety standards and creating a safety first environment.
* Promote core values to the yard team at all times and lead by example.
* Be able to coach and support the yard team building a positive team environment.
* Be passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
* Fork Lift experiance.
* Responsible for managing yard operations, motivating and coaching yard operatives.
* Ensure compliance with company procedures when booking customer equipment in and out.
* Manage the picking of customer orders and booking in, servicing and stock management of customer returns.
* Overseeing all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and returned to the branch administration team.
* Ensure that any damages on customer returns are reported as per company procedure.
* Supervise yard operatives and agency staff to ensure their workload is prioritised to ensure returns and deliveries are completed on time.
* Liaise closely with branch administration team to ensure effective communication about the status of workloads.
* Ensure that daily checks on yard machinery and forklifts are carried out and documented.
* Assess training needs where required for yard team including new employees and liaise with branch manager to supply.
* Supervise depot forklift truck operations and ensure that all equipment is safely stored and stacked.
* Responsible for yard layout and stock management.
* Liaise with office and oversee day to day stock levels.
If you are interested, please Apply within the advert today or if you would have more question about this role, please contact Blue Arrow Northampton branch on 01604 605 560.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance, Holiday, Pension, Mileage
Circa £35k + benefits
£48000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension,health care, life insurance, bonus etc