Workshop Chargehand - Nights Exeter
|Job Title:||Workshop Chargehand - Nights Exeter|
|Contact Name:||Nicholas Fryatt|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 10:01|
Job Purpose: To manage and maintain efficient and cost effective repairs to the SHB fleet of vehicles ensuring that the equipment is maintained to a first class standard and in line with company policy
* To stand in for the foreman when he is not available
* To Control the flow of work through the work shop ensuring technicians are kept productive at all times and requirements of the business are met ,including achieving the relevant timescales for vehicles to go on hire or to be sold
* To carry out quality checks of the technicians work to enable good standard repairs are maintained at all times
* To assist with Training and development of the Technicians and apprentice's including checking and sign off their work where relevant
* To assist technicians with problem repairs and provide technical advice where necessary
* Ensure all vehicle inspections and repairs are to VOSA standards and in line with Manufacture / Company procedures and ensure all vehicles are compliant when they go on hire or are sold
* Perform preventative and proactive maintenance in line with manufacturers and company policy ensuring equipment is compliant with all aspects of safety and legal legislation in a cost effective manner.
* Ensure all parts fitted are required and repair spends are authorised as per the Company procedures
* Demonstrate good diagnosis skills
* Comply with Depot specific health and safety rules and regulations and ensure the correct PPE is worn/used throughout and report any failings through the reporting procedure
* Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly, legible and handed in on time.
* Conduct themselves in a professional manner both at SHB depots and while driving treating members of the public with courtesy at all times.
* Highlight any shortfalls or issues relating to safety or maintenance immediately to the appropriate SHB manager.
* Maintain a clean and tidy work area and ensure all tooling and specialist equipment is checked, tested and compliant in line with company policy.
* Maintain sufficient security measures to prevent theft of company/personal property during and after normal working hours.
Essential Key skills
* Demonstrate good Leadership and management skills
* Hold recognised time served training certification within the motor industry or similar engineering back ground and demonstrate minimum of 10 years working in the industry after apprenticeship/training completion.
* Hold a valid UK HGV Driving license to a minimum of Category B
* Have a good understanding of transport & HSE legislation.
* A good standard of both written and spoken English.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative when required.
* Be a well organised individual with excellent time management.
* Demonstrate a desire for self improvement and enthusiasm to learn new skills including attending training courses both in house and external
Must have HGV and LCV experiences and qualifications.
Please apply to Nick at -
- 01453 852544
Visit - www.omegaresource.co.uk/SHB
We are always seeking talented candidates including; HGV Technicians, HGV Mechanics, LCV Mechanics, LCV Technicians, Auto Electricians, HGV Drivers, Casual Drivers, Valeters, Panel Beaters, Commercial Body Builders, Vehicle Fabricators, Hire Controllers, Apprentice Technicians, Apprentice Mechanics, Paint Sprayers and many more across the UK network.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits Package + Career Development
£14 - £32000 per hour
Panel Beater - Exeter
Panel Beater - Exeter