Works Control Manager
|Job Title:||Works Control Manager|
|Salary:||£43500 - £45000|
|Start Date:||2019-03-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 16:32|
Working as part of the hard FM team, the Works Control Manager leads a team of Works Controllers at a prestigious site in central London and is responsible for ensuring that all works carried out by Sodexo and/or sub-contractors within the client’s London Estate meet the requirements of the client and Sodexo statutory requirements, Sodexo SSOW & local procedures.
This is an exciting and varied role with great opportunities for progression in a fast-paced, hard FM environment.Package description
- £43,500 - £45,000 per annum
- £1,300 flexible benefit fund
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Sodexo Discounts
- Ensure a consistent approach to reviewing documentation
- Provide monthly and on demand reporting
- Managing and conducting site inductions
- Ensure that all requests for work on the London campus are managed within the required timescales.
- Liaising with the site FM teams to ensure that open lines of communication are maintained.
- Ensure hazards and associated control measures are detailed in RAMS by a contractor and that the equipment and correct resources are in place on the day of work,
- Be responsible for spot checks of the work and to ensure the work area is cleared and all hazards removed on completion.
- Ensure that all other tasks associated with the job are confirmed, e.g. access and egress routes, methods of transporting tools and materials etc.
- Ensure that the work performed/supervised is in compliance with the client’s and Sodexo requirements.
- Actively liaise with site appointed persons to ensure high risk activities are adequately planned and managed and the correct permits are completed and submitted.
- Minimum of a valid IOSH Managing Safely.
- NEBOSH or similar is desirable
- Previous experience of managing a wide range of technical activities
- Understands requirements imposed by the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 (HASAWA)
- Experience of understanding risk assessments and method statements and their requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory and mandatory regulations
- Communication skills at all levels within organisations
- Knowledge of the E-Permit System is desirable
- Competent in MS Office and standard desktop software
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£22000 - £27000 per annum
£24000 - £26000 per annum
£17500 - £20000 per annum, Benefits: No sales & 1 in 4 weekends
£16000 - £21000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus + benefits along with a great team!
Lettings Branch Manager
£20000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: OTE £50,000 + BMW