|Job Title:||Welfare Clerk|
|Salary:||Up to £8.21|
|Start Date:||2019-03-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chris Howley|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 09:28|
We currently have an opportunity for a Welfare Clerk to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
• Maintenance of the Regiment’s Families Database.
• Assistance to the unit personnel on completion of housing application (Service Families Accommodation) and removal forms.
• Assistance with coffee mornings and for family activities both when unit is on operational commitments and also in peacetime.
• Liaison with DHE/Removal agencies on SFA matters.
• Telephone and office reception duties- customers to be responded to in the appropriate manner, prioritising as necessary and dealing with requests for routine information.
• Manning the office during UWO and assistant UWO’s absence.
• Accompanying the UWO and Asst UWO on welfare visits if required.
• Attend meetings if required.
• Opening, recording and filing of incoming mail.
• Maintain filing system.
• Operation of office equipment such as the phone system, fax, photocopier and PC.
• Preparation on the PC and production of the monthly Families Newsletter plus ad hoc flyers and other typing as necessary.
• Diary maintenance.
• Liaison with welfare and other agencies.
• IT qualification (e.g. ECDL) to Intermediate level
• 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C
• Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable written communication skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Proven ability to prioritise between tasks for different managers
• Demonstrable clerical/administrative experience in busy office
• NVQ in Administration
• Experience of working in a Military environment
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's