- Job Reference: 00095430-1
- Date Posted: 8 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Inverkeithing, Fife
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Welder
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: £32,937 + plus £12,180 WTS allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44139
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Welder to join our business, based here at Rosyth. In this role, you'll be responsible for performing welding and welding related tasks in a production environment, supporting the Successor Project. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking to recruit a self-starter welder with the ability to join the team and hit the ground running, as well as the ability to work as lead on all relevant work centres. You'll be an enthusiastic, positive attitude and flexible individual, a real problem solver who is committed to quality and communication and have a real passion and desire to learn, thrive and grow through training and on job experience.
What will you be doing?
* Carry out welding tasks in accordance with the essential variables detailed on the selected WPS
* Visual inspection of completed welds to contract acceptance standards and project requirements
* Maintain welding plant functionality
* Carry out daily machine checks, ensuring that any fault is reported immediately
* Safely set up and remove any pre-heating equipment
* Use of digital and thermal temperature recording devices
The experience you'll bring
* Indentured welder
* WPS (Welding procedure specification) Adherence
* An understanding of weld defects and causes
* Perform set up procedures for all welding equipment and accessories to be used on projects
* Must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working
environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing Date: 17/11/2022