|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
£16.00 per hour plus the opportunity for overtime.
Day shifts Monday - Friday.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to use electricity and torches to weld together components using engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to consult blueprints and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Must be able to operate specialised machinery for industrial welding, and should be familiar with welding machinery, components, and techniques.
- To operate hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools
- To assess equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods.
- To monitor equipment for appropriate usage and temperature
- Must poses a working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components.
- To monitor the work environment for hazards and maintain healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation.
- Must be able to follow safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to adhere to company Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Ability to work with a team of fitters and welders to assist in the fabrication of multi-component parts.
- Time served
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a minimum of two years welding or fabrication experience