Job Title: Welcome Lead (Employee Onboarding)
Location: Rosyth, UK
Compensation: £39,879.00 - £46,471 FTE
Role Type: Part time, 30 hours / 12 Month FTC
Role ID: SF 51026
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Welcome Lead at our Rosyth site.The role
As a Welcome Lead, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We are a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine system engineering, electrical engineering, design modelling and project support services to the marine and defence markets.
Day to day, you'll welcome all our new employees joining our Rosyth business, ensuring they have all the information they require to make the best possible start of their Babcock career.
Essential experience of the Welcome Lead,
- Ensure the overall delivery of our employee induction is efficient and effective, meeting the needs of the new starter and our business.
- Responsible for liaising with relevant parties in advance of 'day 1' to ensure new starters will arrive on time and will have everything they need (e.g., HR Shared Services team and on-boarding information, Security team and baseline clearance).
- Responsible for meeting and supporting all new starters on 'day 1' albeit in person or those working remotely, undertaking inductions, coordinating training, sourcing PPE and ensuring each worker is in a position to start work after their initial induction period.
- Provide a credible ME&S site tour to enable new starters to have an initial introduction to the size and scale of our business. Site tours may in addition be conducted for alternative internal/ external stakeholders.
- Conduct 'follow ups' with new starters between 1-2 months after starting with the company, to ensure the induction had provided everything they needed.
- Taking feedback and making any adjustments required.
We are seeking a professional and friendly individual with a can-do attitude, that is highly organised and holds the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels to ensure a smooth onboarding process for our candidates.
- We are seeking a professional individual with a can-do attitude
- Experienced in creating and presenting training/workshops to large groups
- Welcoming persona, as one of the first people new starters will meet when joining Babcock
- Ability to effectively problem solve and create innovative solutions
- Understanding of how to design and execute a professional business induction experience
- Personable with the ability to communicate at all levels and manage key stakeholders involved in the process including but not limited to line managers, HR, Resourcing and external stakeholders were required.
This is a part time role at 30 hours per week, worked Monday to Thursday onsite, starting between 7am and 7.30am daily.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Electrical Engineering, Information Security, CSR, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology, Management